8.5.09

Lovely Dinner at The Manhattan Fish Market at Iluma

Was planning to have dinner at Iluma Bugis ~ check out this new mall. Checking out this place as it's like 60% open (I think). Honestly, I think Bugis is one of the few places namely Orchard Rd (including Somerset), Suntec and Marina as well as Tampines that have 'mall cannibalizing' each other. In my humble opinion, there is no major selling point except for 'branded' products in certain malls and the rest are more of 'you see one, you see them all' type of shops. It's simply crazy as every neighbour has a mall and the national pastime is shopping. Well, that's another tourism story and not the main point.

SL and I were deciding a place to eat based on my current strict diet requirement ( will mention that later) till we reached The Manhattan Fish Market and saw my ex-colleague cum mentor (KS) in my broadcasting days (will mention later ~ rally missed those days). It's definitely rare to see his partner and him over there.

*Warning : The following entry may be boring for some.*

We chatted over dinner and discussed many things about the worldly situation coz they were based in Beijing for the Olympics. What we had discussed has great influence on what I'm gonna embarked next. Through this, I have also discovered that I'm not 'hungry' enough to venture the unknown as compared to those in developing countries and somehow becoming complacent. It's true coz I've not been my true self recently after some issues at work.

Through writing this entry, I hope to achieve certain milestones in my life and made me all geared up for the challenges ahead no matter what are the circumstances if I want be successful. As mentioned earlier, I always feel that I have not achieve my full potential ~ this feeling is even stronger recently.

From now, I must conquer my fear and take flight to greater heights. Afterall, I am still young and must take hardships to develop as well as grow richer in life.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank KS and LY for their dinner and advice.

Looking forward to meet them in 3 yrs again!

Cheers!
MDM

No comments: