4.9.09

Afghan Girl ~ Steve McCurry


Picture from National Geographic

This is the image that captured many people inclusive of me in 1985 and didnt know who was the photographer. Decided to do a google search about the Afghan Girl and this is the article from National Geographic. Managed to find out more about the photographer. He is none other than Steve McCurry.

Was reading Steve McCurry's blog . Iwas fascinated about his wealth of life experiences being a photographer and going to many different places that experienced turmoil as well as chaos in terms of internal conflict. When I see the subjects of his pictures, these people are struggling in their lives and day to day survival just like the Afghan Girl that he photographed years ago. It makes me feeling damn shallow and ashamed of myself. And here I am at the comforts of my home updating my blogs as well as complaining about my empty life. This makes me realised that I'm indeed very fortunate to be born in Singapore and surrounded by loved ones. Though I may be down and out, I dont have to worry about my daily survival coz food is readily available.

Right now, I should get my butt up do something about my life and stop complaining! At the same time, I need to summon my courage to face the realities of my life at this moment and stop dreaming.

No comments: