3.4.10

Meetups

Woke up late on a long Good Friday weekend and obviously late for my last appointment. I really need to change my sleeping habits. Seriously having insomnia and yet not earning any 'kachang' from this (no pun intended).

Didnt have breakfast nor lunch means that I'm not living on a healthy diet. The only meal that I had was a gf's place. The usual topics of how are you, what are you doing now would be discussed at the dinner table.

When I mentioned that I'm doing salsa and zouk, her reaction was "Arent you too old for that". It shot straight to my heart and made me wonder what was I really doing during my 20s. BTW, I shot back by saying that I'm still flexible. Yes, my hands still can touch the ground and I can kiss my toes...yuuuuccccks!

Right now, I feel even more alive and active. Perhaps, it's age catching up but I'm enjoying this portion of my life though career-wise isnt looking very hopeful.

For the past few months, I have been dancing both salsa and zouk. For Zouk, it's relatively new in SG but not in Europe, Americas, etc.

Honestly, I enjoy zouk better than salsa though it's relatively more challenging and intimate in terms of the body movements. My stomach muscles have strengthened and say bye bye to love handles. I can see more results and body transformation. Yes, I'm happy when practising zouk.

However, there are quite a number of people who are not receptive to this new dance form. Even one of the dance areas that sg salseros would affectionately call 'The Union' (located at Amara) does not offer many zouk songs. In fact, this dance 'hall' has changed its image and keeping up with the times. It seemed to look similar to Modiva at St James.

Here is the video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlV8c2TXB5M) and this will show more what I've been doing for the past few months. I'm not at expert level yet but working towards my goal as long I'm still flexible.

PS : I can do beautiful back bending.

No comments: