8.5.09

Love Myself


Had another good read from Mode.Attitude.Culture.
I am buxom plus-sized and not like those stick-thin models on my pix above. However, I was not like that say like 10 years ago and thanks to fast-food. My weight had ballooned and I always have the idea of I will lose weight.

As time passes, the determination turned weak and you see your dress size increases. This does not help when the ladies and girls are bombarded with images of skinny and stick thin woman as the 'ideal' sizes. All thanks to the fashion industry, there is a notorious size 0. Looks seem to be everything and in fact statistics also show that beautiful people earn more than their less beautiful counterparts.

I dont think this is healthy to myself after many years of roller-coaster dieting. Well, Oprah shows the same result, isnt it?

After all these dieting, I have learnt to eat healthy ( I swear I try) and of coz, exercise. Last but not least, I learn how to appreciate my curves and dress to 'camouflage' my flaws.

Recently, I met my ex-classmate who had slimmed down drastically. However, there's a price to pay. The price is looking haggard. Actually, when I met her, I really thought I was fugly. After a comfort chat wif my bestie, she comforted me by saying I look immortal. True to a certain extent, coz I did not look like I have aged a single bit. Perhaps, fats may be the answer to botox.

I have also learnt that you cant change the way people look at you but you can change how you appear to others.

To me, a real woman needs 'curves'. Will leave you with this.

Christina Aguilera ~ Beautiful

(mmhm hmmm)(ohh yeah)(mmaa ahhh)
Everyday is so wonderful, then suddenly,its hard to breath
Now and then I get insecure, from all the pain I'm so ashamed

I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down I am beautiful in every single way
Yes words can't bring me down (ohhh nooo)
So don't you bring me down today (mmmhmm mmm)

To all your friends you're delirious
So consumed in all your doom.... (oohh mmm)
Trying hard to fill that emptiness, The pieces gone,left the puzzle undone,
Aint that the way it is?

You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down (ohhh noo)
you are beautiful in every single way
Yes words can't bring you down (ohhh noo)
So don't you bring me down today

No matter what we do (No matter what we do)
No matter what we say (No matter what we say)
We're the song inside the tune (yeah yeah oh yeaaahhh)
Full of beautiful mistakes
And everywhere we go (And everywhere we go)
the sun will always shine (the sun will always always shine....)
And tomorrow we might awake
on the other side

'Cause we are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes words won't bring us down (ohhh noo)
we are beautiful in every single way
Yes words can't bring us down (ohhh noo)
So don't you bring me down today

Yeaah eeeeeeee yeaahh eah Dont you bring me down mmmm, today

No comments: