30.4.09

My expensive weekend rides


Cheers ~ the Labor Day weekend is coming soon!

Now that I am down and out. I should think about saving my remaining resources coz it will run one fine day. For the fact that I used to have crazy working hours (ex-printing co - that's another story) and our preference to watch movies on Fridays nights to jump start our precious weekend. The other fact is we stayed at the opposite poles of the island.
I think we spent a great deal of our moolah on taxi fares and this usually include midnight charge as well. We spent approximate of SGD 300 for 4 weekends on transportation only and each single trip (from West to East) cost about SGD 60. Sigh!
We used to have a taxi driver whom we could call and he would arrive to our designated spot. He knew our routes so well that we needed not be uptight with those 'cheating' uncles. There was entertainment such as watching DVD as his was a SUV (the SMRT types). Now, we had lost contact and unsure whether he's still driving that. Sigh!

We are pretty picky or rather I am. We would walk along the stretch of road along a famous teenage mall and busy scanning the looks of taxi driver, taxi company as well as taxis before I hop onto the taxi even though SL was tired after a long time. I always look out for younger taxi uncles coz they perceive to be fast drivers. Had too many horror stories to tell (such directionless and cheating drivers- all cab companies are guilty of this) and some of the incidents made me feel that life and death is a fine thin line. Hence, I always think that boarding a taxi is like playing Russian Roulette! Often, it leaves a disturbing after taste.
In order to save moolah, I need to look for alternatives to head back home and would like to thank the local bus companies to offer these wonderful options. One of the companies offers a direct route to my house. Yaaaaahhhhoooooooo! Enjoying my ride!

No comments: