30.4.09

The New & Improved Susan Boyle

I am pretty sure the whole world had watched Brits Got Talent and fell in love with the lady who sung her heart out on her very own version of 'I dreamt A Dream ~ Les Mis', Susan Boyle.

I really thought that you are true to yourself especially you have belt out the song and walked off so that the audience was left speechless.

Your unkempt appearance had been an inspiration for so many to dream and dare to dream. It reminds us of being an ordinary person can accomplish so much if there's a will, there's a way. Not keen to display her before and after pictures.

Yet, you went for a makeover.

As a woman, I really encourage you to do so for your appearance as there is a saying" There's no ugly women except there's lazy women."

On the other hand, I am torn as you scrambled to the modern pressures of keeping up your appearances with your new dress sense, makeup, etc. It's sad coz we are constantly subjected and bombarded with media showing the desired beauty of the modern society. Here presenting the new and improved Susan Boyle with new clothings in your wardrobe and perhaps new makeup brands.

Who am I to criticise or comment? Yes, I do not have the right to. However, I would like to say that we do look for inspirations in all unsuspecting places in life. Dun we? In this crazy world we live in, some of them have lost all their drives to dream and I am one of them.

I just hope that you will remain true to yourself and deliver more wonderful and touching performances with your angelic voice!

No comments: